Fed's Williams: Committed to using full range of tools to assure that recovery will be as robust as possible
Comments from Williams:
- More optimistic about the medium-term outlook
- Underlying inflationary pressures to remain subdued for some time
- Emergence of new strains of the virus could slow the path to a post-covid world
- GDP this year could be strongest in decades
- Repeats the fed will maintain bond buys until substantial further progress made
That headline doesn't exactly address the bond market and it's the same thing Powell and Clarida said earlier in the week. It might resonate though given the sudden change in backdrop. There are going to be more comments to come because he's in a virtual discussion.