Fed's Williams says central bank adheres to mantra of data dependency
More comments by Williams as he's being interviewed by Bloomberg
- Fed is constantly assessing the situation
- Need to get inflation to 2% and keep it there
- Says US economy is 'steaming through the current patch'
- US data has been better than expected
- But notes that there are downside risks to global growth
- Tariffs are like a negative supply shock
- Says tariffs effect on inflation could be significant
It's basically an echo of his remarks here but phrased in a different manner. As mentioned earlier, he's not offering us anything new that we don't already know about the economy and the Fed's current stance.