Fed's Williams: The economy's in a very good place
Williams at a SIFMA conference:
- We are very close to achieving our inflation goal
- Inflation is low and stable, unemployment is low
- Fed's aim is to keep economy in this good place
Hardly anything notable here so far.
- Fed will stick to data dependent approach
- Monetary policy is now well-positioned
It takes a lot of nerve to talk about data dependence after cutting 3 times on no real changes in data.
- We're very focused on end-of-year in money markets