Geopolitical uncertainty is going to be the main source of uncertainty in the months ahead says Draghi
Into the Q&A
Answering a question on the what might happen after the Italian referendum.
- We should continue to strengthen the single market and its stability
- Preserving financial stability is one key component
- We don't want a return to the crisis
- US recovery is at a way ahead of the Eurozone
- We will assess our various options at Dec meeting necessary to bring inflation to our target
- Corp bond purchases have been quite a success
He's being quizzed on why the Bundesbank is not releasing the details of corp bond buying like other CB's. He's punted with a "I'll get back to you" but agrees "in principle" that this should happen.
Draghi in the hot seat