Mester on CNBC: The employment numbers were strong.
CNBC interview with Steve Leesman..
- The Fed is not at 2% PCE inflation target yet.
- Labor market is strong, job numbers good
- Sees 1/4% to 1/2% on GDP growth from tax reform
- The Fed does not care about asset prices but how they impact the economy
- If the Fed was not raising rates on a gradual pace, she would be concerned about asset prices more
- Does not think of bitcoin in a monetary policy concern. Worries about contagion in the real economy. Does not see it as a concern.
Touch / Click anywhere to close