- Strong government finances offset current account deficit: N.Z. debt manageable.
- Sees no problem if N.Z. government return to budget surplus delayed, as deficit trend declining.
- Says quantitative easing not needed in New Zealand, central bank has scope to cut rates.
- Says strong N.Z.$ due to high commodity prices, foreign demand for NZ assets.
- Says strong NZ$ will not affect sovereign rating, but mat affect corporate ratings.
- Sees no no change to Australia’s triple A rating, views S.E. Asia stable to positive.