The Reserve Bank of New Zealand meeting is today and while there is no change to policy expected:
- RBNZ meeting: Look out for tapering...
- NZD traders - Heads up for the RBNZ policy meeting Wednesday 14 July 2021
- RBNZ policy meeting this week - shadow board evenly split on tighter policy (ps please note this is not actually a preview)
- RBNZ monetary policy meeting this week - preview
Changes to commentary by the Bank is expected. National Australia Bank, for example, say that the RBNZ cannot deny the strength of incoming economic data in NZ.
- expectations for a rate hike in the next six months are already high
- thus the hurdle for a hawkish surprise is reasonably high