PBOC sets USD/ CNY central rate at 6.4500 (vs. estimate at 6.4490)
People's Bank of China set the onshore yuan (CNY) reference rate for the trading session ahead.
- USD/CNY is permitted to trade plus or minus 2% from this daily reference rate.
- CNH is the offshore yuan. USD/CNH has no restrictions on its trading range.
- The previous close was 6.4525
- Reuters estimate was 6.4490. A significantly stronger or weaker rate than expected is typically considered a signal from the PBOC.
PBOC injects 10bn yuan via 7-day reverse repos
- 10bn RRs mature today
- thus net neutral on the day