Preview: Carney & Co testifying to UK lawmakers today
10.00 GMT brings the latest appearance from BOE gov Mark Carney
It's not his MPC posse but the Financial Stability crew.
Fellow members Alex Brazier, Clara Furse & Martin Taylor will join the Cloonester in front of the parliamentary Treasury Select Committee.
While it's not MPC related per se we can expect the TSC to use the opportunity to get an update from Carney so it does potentially offer up risk for GBP traders.
The Financial Stability brief is
- reinforcing trust and confidence in money itself;
- acting as lender and market maker of last resort at times of financial stress;
- promoting the safety and soundness of individual financial institutions (via the Prudential Regulation Authority);
- removing or reducing risks to the financial system as a whole, via the Financial Policy Committee;
- supervising financial market infrastructure;
- safely resolving failing financial institutions;
- collaborating with other UK financial authorities to support UK financial sector business continuity and operational resilience.
The meeting will be broadcast live here
Later MPC's Kristin Forbes will be popping up again at 13.00 GMT delivering another lecture, the text of which will also be published on the BOE website. Yesterday we was less than her usual hawkish self here
Carney up before the TSC from 10.00 GMT today but will he spring any surprises?