As part of the previews I've been posting for the Reserve Bank of Australia today has been this:
- 73 of 73 analysts polled expect the RBA to be on hold today
So, guess what? UBS is an 'on hold' decision today.
Instead, UBS Group's Anne Anderson (head of Australian fixed income at UBS Asset Management in Sydney) provides a longer-term outlook:
- AUD strength "could provide a headwind for our services sector, which is one of the major drivers of our economy"
- Anderson said while an extended pause was possible, in her view the economic situation could unfold in a way that rates were "more likely to be down than up"
Previews of the RBA today:
- The levels in play for the RBA
- Update to Reuters RBA poll (still unanimous expect on hold Tuesday, now even more)
- Preview of the RBA meeting on February 7 (part 5!)
- Goldman Sachs - Reserve Bank of Australia preview
- Currency preview into the RBA & RBNZ this week: "AUD/NZD could head lower"
- Reserve Bank of Australia meeting on February 7 - preview