Riksbank's Skingsley says forecast is that rate will be raised this year
Riksbank deputy governor Cecilia Skingsley on the wires
- Need to be careful when thinking about rate increase
- Underlying inflation continues to be low
- Important that service prices don't be come too low
- Will move to raise rates if economy develops as expected
- Wants inflation to remain near 2%
After disappointing the market in their last policy meeting, they are trying to not quash expectations entirely and slowly build it up again. Ah, the life of a central banker.