US Fed's Bullard says current interest rate level is close to neutral
US Fed's Bullard with scheduled speech 4 April
- US GDP growth looks uncertain for Q1
Only for Q1?
- yield curve inversion this year remains a possibility
- inflation remains low but expected to move somewhat higher in 2018
- expectations closer to 2% but still low
- not necessary to raise rates further
- markets trying to discern US trade policy direction
Not only the markets Mr B. Most other countries around the world too.
Dove Bullard has no vote on the FOMC this year but still sits around the table so can make himself heard.
USD unfazed with USDJPY 106.29, GBPUSD 1.4077 EURUSD 1.2295 USDCHF 0.9593 AUDUSD 0.7695 NZDUSD 0.7294
Yen sellers prevailing again still and underpinning core pairs.