We've been following Janet Yellen's speech today:
- Yellen's speech is her most detailed case yet for Fed to begin raising rates in 2015
- Fed head Yellen says expects a rate rise later this year
Which was somewhat overshadowed by the health scare towards the end:
- Fed official says Yellen felt dehydrated at end of long speech, felt fine afterwards
- Bloomberg reports Yellen is departing speech event, resuming schedule
- Fed Chair Yellen receiving medical attention after speech
The Wall Street Journal to wrap it up:
Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen faltered near the end of a nearly hour long speech
A spokeswoman for the U.S. central bank blamed dehydration
"Chair Yellen felt dehydrated at the end of a long speech under bright lights," Fed spokeswoman Michelle Smith said in a statement. "As a precaution, she was seen by EMT staff on-site at U-Mass Amherst. She felt fine afterward and has continued with her schedule Thursday evening."
I'm no doc, but it did look quite serious. Its great news that she is well.
There is a video at the article (may be gated): Janet Yellen Seen by EMT Staff After Speech in Massachusetts