On the BoE talking head circuit for Thursday, 29 September 2022:
- 1130 GMT Dave Ramsden, deputy governor for Markets and Banking at BOE, participates as a panellist at the Joint conference with the Bank of Lithuania and Bank for International Settlements
This one .... Hauser's topic has been usurped by a massive QE round from the Bank of England on Wednesday to rescue to imploding Gilt market:
- 1200 GMT Andrew Hauser, executive director for Banking, Payments and Financial Resilience at BOE, delivers a speech at the Market News International Connect event 'Running down the hill: managing QE unwind’ (ADDED - I have heard this speech has been cancelled. That's a shame).
- BOE announces to carry out temporary purchases of long-dated UK government bonds
- Will the BOE band aid work?
- Kwarteng reportedly to ask financiers not to bet against the pound
JP Morgan on the emergency BoE move:
- the optics of QE may look odd .. just one week after it began QT asset sales
- However, it is important to draw a distinction between QE as monetary policy and QE as emergency support
- Today’s BoE actions are very much the latter
- 1300 GMT Bank of England policy maker Silvana Tenreyro participates as a panellist at the Centre for Economic Policy Research WE ARE IN 2022 Conference: Women in Economics: Advancing research in economics internationally 'Inflation is Back: Why and What Next?'
GBP overnight bounced on the BoE move: