- But when inflation falls, it will fall rapidly
- UK inflation is well above target in the near-term, but will subsequently fall below target
- No decision made on whether to have active sales of government bonds held by the BOE
- BOE forecasts do not meet technical definition of a recession but it is a very sharp slowdown
- Hearing that some firms are considering one-off bonuses, we need to watch pressures very closely
- If everyone tries to get ahead of inflation we will have second round effects
- I don't use the word staglation because it's not well defined
On the dire outlook to the economy, he is mainly playing with semantics. You don't forecast zero growth without warning of recession risks that may befall the economy, not least in this environment. The pound is continuing to fail to find much comfort as the technical break in cable now starts to threaten the 1.2400 level.