- We need to move toward normalisation
- "Certainly conceivable" that Fed can raise rates in March
- Expects inflation pressures to ease later in the year
- But supply chain issues may persist into 2023, adding uncertainty to the outlook
- Job market is "as tight as it could be" at this point
- Full interview (may be gated)
This is all nothing new. It just reaffirms the Fed outlook to start the new year and we could get more from Powell tomorrow when he delivers remarks on his renomination as Fed chair.