Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Bullock is speaking as part of a panel in Melbourne this morning.
- Bullock is optimistic that the gains made in employment can be kept
- says inflation is a crucial challenge in the next one or two years
- says inflation is not only about supply issues, gasoline and rent, that there is still ongoing & underlying demand
- if inflation expectations adjust higher in response that's a problem
- we haven't had any productivity growth in Australia for a number of years
more to come
Bullock making hawkish sounds yet again, she appears to hold on to a bias to tightening.