A few GBP/USD forecasts - quite a wide range
Collating some cable projections (comments via Bloomberg ) for end 2020
- forecast from GBP is end-year 1.34
- does not see Brexit risks flaring back up again any time soon: "That is a key component as well on why the pound is stabilizing at higher levels"
- year end forecasts is 1.24
- "The EU will not begin negotiations with the U.K. before the end of February, which leaves preciously little time to negotiate a free-trade agreement" "Our base-case scenario is still that there will be some form of agreement by the end of the year, but it's likely to be a very last minute agreement, so the relief rally won't happen before the very end."
- end 2020 1.40
- after some near-term weakness