A quick take on the Australian wage data: remains very weak ... real wages barely rising
Comments from Shane Oliver at AMP
- Wages growth looks have bottomed but remains very weak.
- Hard to see much pick up when unemployment+underemployment remains around 14%.
- Real wages barely rising
And Callum Pickering, economist at Indeed
- Real wages in Australia fell by 0.1% in the March quarter, to be 0.1% higher over the past year
- - the slowest annual pace since the September quarter 2015.
- It's now been more than 5-years since we last saw respectively real wage growth