The government's Mid-year Economic and Fiscal Outlook is due on Monday 19 December 2016 (Australia time)
Finance Minister Mathias Cormann, interviewed on Sky over the weekend is flagging a a deterioration in the bottom line since May:
- He said any increase in revenues from higher prices for Australia's key commodity exports will not be enough to won't be enough to "offset the effect of low wage inflation, and in particularly income tax receipts, and the low growth in company profits generally"
I posted more on the MYEFO last week:
- Australia budget update coming on Monday - why its an important one
- Australia press: 'AAA could go at any time'
- ANZ on Australia's credit rating 'in the spotlight as MYEFO approaches'
- Australian Treasurer 'reviewing' tax to raise more revenue
I also noted this on Friday, which indicates to me heightening expectations for more RBA rate cuts: