Australia Home loans for July: +0.4% m/m (expected -0.1% )
Housing finance data from Australia
- Home loans +0.4% m/m, expected -0.1% m/m, prior -1.1%
- Investment lending -1.3% m/m, -2.7% previously
- Owner-occupier loan value +1.3%, prior -1.0%
A headline beat and the split between owner occupiers and investors will be welcome news also. Still, not too much of an AUD mover.
There are a lot of concerns around the housing markets; prices have slid a little, lending standards have tightened. The concern is a worsening house price fall and a negative impact on spending and hence the economy. The worries might be all overblown, we'll see.
- Preview of the Australian data due today - housing finance for July
- A heads up preview for Australian housing finance data due Friday