- Australia police say terror threat against police changed to ‘high’ on intelligence, discussions with partners
Headlines via Reuters
More (again, Reuters):
- Australian state police say now have advice from federal authorities about specific threat to police officers
More (this time from Bloomberg):
- Terrorism threat level against police assessed as high, which is commensurate with the broader threat level for the community, Australian Federal Police says in e-mailed statement
- “The factors that lead to the elevated terrorism threat level for Australia to ‘high’ in September 2014 persist and the security environment remains increasingly complex and challenging. Recent events in France, Canada and Australia serve as a sobering reminder of the risks associated with policing.”
- ‘Relatively small’ but increasing numbers of Australians connected with or inspired by overseas terrorist groups such as ISIL with intent and capability to conduct an attack against police.