The median consensus estimates can be found here:
And earlier previews are here:
- Australian jobs report is due on Thursday 23 January - preview
- AUD traders - heads up for the Australian jobs report - even more focus than usual
Yesterday's job vacancy data:
Adding a snippet or two in now.
- The unemployment rate lifted from 5.0% at the end of 2018 and hit 5.3% in Jun but since then has tracked sideways around 5.2%-5.3%. Westpac is looking for a soft patch in employment in early 2020 to lift unemployment to 5.6% by the second quarter.
- unemployment print 5.3% with Westpac's employment forecast of -5k
- in NSW … employment growth there slows
(NSW is Australia's most populous state)
- With markets increasingly torn around the prospect of another rate cut in the next few months (the bushfire emergency is likely offering another reason for RBA action), a marginal +/- 0.1% change in headline unemployment will make a big difference.
- We forecast - in line with consensus - that unemployment held at 5.2% in December, with the employment change slowing to 18k (consensus 11k).