EU Brexit chief Barnier speaking at a German business conference
- UK depends on the EU's single market
- There are still conflicts concerning the European Court of Justice
- Ireland remains a big problem in negotiations
- Will have to secure the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Negotiations about finance are not finished yet
- Brexit transition phase can't be too long, otherwise will breach Article 50
- There will be no transition phase if there's no deal
More Brexit talks from Barnier today. Part one of his act can be found here.
GBP/USD inching back up above 1.3400 again, now to 1.3412. Meanwhile, EUR/USD is retreating from session highs to 1.1857.