Barnier says all EU rules will apply in Brexit transitional period
EU Brexit head negotiator out with a few comments 13 March
- wants ambitious partnership with UK post-Brrexit
- Brexit negotiations are extremely complex
- EU is open to UK's ideas on avoiding hard Irish border
- EU has concerns over possible UK regulatory dumping
- UK PM May's red lines close many EU doors
Barnier pouring a little cold water on yesterday's comments from UK junior Brexit min which helped give GBP a bid.
GBP unfazed at the moment though. GBPUSD 1.3892 getting a little support from GBPJPY demand up to look at 149.00 with USDJPY posting highs around 107.23
Mr B still talking in Strasbourg. French speakers can follow live here
Oh, he's just sat down. Oh well. Might be some more to come.