CFTC Commitment of Traders: AUD longs pared 13K. Other currencies little changed
Weekly CFTC positioning data in the commitments of traders report for the close on Tuesday, May 17, 2016:
- EUR short 23K vs 22K short prior week
- GBP short 38K vs. 35K short prior week
- JPY long 59K vs 59K long prior week
- CAD long 23K vs 26K long prior week
- CHF long 4K vs 7K long prior week
- AUD 25K long K vs. 38K long prior week
- NZD long 7K vs 9K long prior week
For the other currencies, the largest net change in position is a 3K change in the GBP short position to 38K from 35K.
The JPY long position is offsides this week. It is the largest position and the JPY has been weakening since May 12th.