Weekly forex futures positioning data from the CFTC for the week ending Tuesday, January 26
- EUR long 163K vs 163K long last week. Unchanged
- GBP long 8K vs 14K long last week. Longs trimmed by 6K
- JPY long 45K vs 50K long last week. Longs trimmed by a 5K
- CHF long 10K vs 9K long last week. Longs increased by 1K
- AUD long 1K vs 5K long last week. Longs trimmed by 4K
- NZD long 15K vs 16K long last week. Longs trimmed by 1K
- CAD long 14K vs 10K long last week. Longs increase by 4K
- Last week's report
Overall there were small changes in the net currency positions. However the dollar range short/the currencies long across the board.
Below is a chart of the net long position of the EUR. The net position has been relatively stable over the last few months.