CFTC weekly positioning data as of the close on April 19, 2016 for Forex futures
- EUR short 47K vs. 52K short prior week
- GBP short 55K vs. 51K short prior week
- JPY long 72K vs 66K long prior week
- CAD long 7K vs 2K long prior week
- CHF long 9K vs. 8K long prior week
- AUD long 44K vs 35K long prior week
- NZD long 5K vs 4K long prior week
The JPY position is the largest long on record going back to 1992.
The EUR shorts were trimmed by 5K to the -47K. The level is nearly equal to the position from Feb 23rd. That was the smallest short position since June 2014.
In other currencies:
- GBP shorts increased by 4K
- CAD longs were the largest since May 2015
- CHF longs increased by 1K
- AUD longs reached the highest level since September 2014