CFTC Commitments of Traders: Net speculative positions in GBP increases
CFTC weekly positioning data as of the close on April 5, 2016 for Forex futures
- EUR short 53K vs. 64k short prior week.
- GBP short 47K vs. 40K short prior week
- JPY long 60K vs. 54K long prior week
- CAD long 97 contracts vs. 6K short prior week
- CHF long 6K vs. 5K long prior week
- AUD long 27K vs. 23K long prior week
- NZD long 3K vs. 2K long prior week
For the week:
- The EURUSD short position was shaved by 11K. This was the largest net position change for the week.
- The CAD position is virtually all square
- GBP shorts increased by 7K to short 47K. The short position is near the largest short position of 49K reached during the week of March 8th (was the largest short position going back to June 2013).
- The CFTC says the net USD longs are the smallest since late March 2014