CFTC Commitments of Traders: They love the Aussie and hate the euro
Forex futures market positioning data as of the close of the market on Tuesday Nov 1, 2016
- EUR 137K short vs 124K short last week. Shorts increased by 14K
- GBP 83K short vs. 84K short last week. Shorts decreased by 1K
- JPY 43K long vs. 45K long last week. Longs decreased by 2K.
- CHF 20K short vs 19K short last week. Shorts increased by 1K
- CAD 16K short vs 13K short last week. Shorts increased by 3K
- AUD 41K long vs 32K long last week. Longs increased by 9K.
I'm surprised to see the continue growth in euro shorts but now that it's out there, the latest squeeze higher in the euro makes more sense.
Meanwhile, the market loves that Australian yield and the net has been slowly growing and is back close to the most extreme since May.