China December activity data - industrial production, retail sales and more
Q4 GDP data out at the same time on a separate post
Industrial Production 5.7% y/y … a beat!
- expected 5.3%, prior was 5.4%
industrial production YTD 6.2% y/y … in line
- expected 6.2%, prior was 6.3%
Fixed Assets (excluding rural) YTD 5.9% y/y .. a miss
- expected 6.0%, prior was 5.9%
- private sector investment +8.7% for the year
Retail Sales 8.2% y/y … a beat
- expected 8.1%, prior was 8.1%
Retail Sales YTD 9.0% y/y … in line
- expected 9.0%, prior was 9.1%
There you go, the numbers stacking up not too badly at all. I posted over the weekend the 'front loading' of exports should have been supportive if industrial production, and that looks to have happened, the retail sales beat should be indicative of domestic demand hanging in there in December.
So, there you go, those are the numbers reported.
more to come