CPI and PPI from China data is here
Some analysts commentary now.
- China is again exporting inflation
- That fresh strength may moderate in coming months as year-ago comparisons gradually rise
- "There will be a mild reflation throughout this year," said Larry Hu, head of China economics at Macquarie Securities Ltd. in Hong Kong. "Although the PPI may keep rising in the first quarter, this is a relatively healthy inflation, and it probably won't affect the policy stance of the PBOC, which now is clearly focused on cutting financial leverage."
That is via Bloomberg, more here
- China's producer price inflation ... prices of steel and other raw materials extended a torrid rally, adding to views that global manufacturing activity is building momentum
- Much of the pick up in consumer prices was likely due to higher food and transportation prices heading into the long Lunar New Year holiday, the National Bureau of Statistics said