China press upbeat - 'investment picks up', 'overall labor situation has “stabilized."'
Caixin says of yesterday's data out of China:
- If you guessed yesterday that China's investment growth is picking up, congrats! Official data confirms it. But it's not all good news - jobs are taking a hit.
- Growth in China's investment picks up thanks to infrastructure, property spending
- Despite a general sentiment of a gloomy employment outlook, the bureau said that the overall labor situation has "stabilized." In China's 31 major cities, the number was 5.0% last month, 0.3 percentage points higher than in December.
its not a totally gushing report, some of the negatives are noted also - link here
Yesterday's data is here ITYMIC:
- Responses to China data coming in - like the data they are mixed
- China NBS says expects consumption to improve in March
- China February activity data: retail sales, investment beats, IP miss (and how)
- China February activity data: IP, retail sales, asset investment out now