China says that it will 'fight to the end' if US insists to escalate trade tensions
Comments by China's commerce ministry
- No new information on US-China trade talks
- Firmly opposes US unilateralism
- Says won't back down on principle issues in trade talks
- Insists that China has not taken any new measures on rare earth exports
- Says that fluctuations in rare earth exports are due to 'changes in market conditions'
Despite the comments here, equities are actually climbing with US futures now in positive territory; similar to European equities. That said, the bond market and currencies aren't buying into the more optimistic turnaround with the yen and swissie still leading gains in the latter and Treasury yields still on the lower side today.