China's new foreign investment law will pass today - an olive branch to the US?
Today is the final day of China's annual National People's Congress (NPC). It will endorse the new foreign investment law on today.
It is likely to include addressing (foreign) concerns over:
- intellectual property theft
- international firms/local entity partnerships
- unfair subsidies to Chinese companies
- preferential treatment in awarding contracts to Chinese firms
- forcing foreign firms to hand over technological secrets
- There is a "black list" of 48 sectors that will not be open to foreign investment (some will be if special conditions/permissions are met
I'll check out what more I can dig up on this.