Abe said measures will include fiscal and monetary stimulus alongside tax breaks for companies
- details have not been finalized
- package will be rolled out in an extra budget in 10 days
- size of the package will be greater than that compiled in response to the global financial crisis (total 57 trillion yen) said Abe
Abe spoke during a nationally televised news conference
- "I want to be straightforward"
- "We are in a critical stage. We need to be ready for a long-term battle"
- "The pandemic is inflicting extremely big damage to Japan's economy"
- "We'll deploy a huge, powerful package that will include a full range of fiscal, monetary and tax measures."