The ECB releases its economic bulletin for December after its monetary policy meeting
- Underlying inflation expected to rise gradually
- Ample degree of monetary accommodation still needed to secure a return of inflation close to 2%
- Global economy also continuing to expand at a solid rate, and Euro area recovery shows signs of synchronisation globally
- Financing conditions remain very favourable in the Euro area
- Confirms intention to continue QE until end of September 2018, or beyond, if necessary
Nothing new from the ECB. As I mentioned in the calendar preview, the comments here are mostly reiterations of whatever that was previously announced in the ECB meeting earlier in the month.
EUR/USD is slightly off session highs on the day, now at 1.1935. Dollar weakness remains the theme in today's trading so far.