An empty economic data calendar, but one item from the Bank of Japan
- Due at 2350GMT
The "Summary of Opinions" from the March monetary policy meeting
- It's a communications initiative from the Bank of Japan.
- The summary is written by Governor Kuroda (one of his helpers more likely)
- The 'Summary of Opinions' precedes the Minutes
- We won't get the March meeting minutes for a number of weeks from now, so this summary is sort of a Minutes 'Lite'
- The 'Summary' gives us some of idea of the discussion that took place
The summary post of the March announcement is here: No change in policy (as expected)
But, hey, clicks are valuable, to help you save one:
Full Statement is here: Statement on Monetary Policy [PDF 147KB]
Quick Headlines via Reuters:
- BOJ keeps monetary policy steady
- Maintains short-term interest rate target at -0.1 pct
- Maintains 10-year jgb yield target around zero pct
- Decision on yield curve control made by 7-2 vote
- Sato, Kiuchi opposed decision on yield curve control (Kiuchi proposed saying inflation extremely slow ... defeated 8-1)
- BOJ leaves unchanged pledge to buy JGBs more or less at current pace so its holdings increase at annual pace of around 80 trln yen
- Bank keeps economic assessment unchanged, says it continues to recover moderately as a trend
- Cuts view on housing investment ... housing investment moving sideways
The Bank didn't upgrade it assessment of the economy ... on the other hand it didn't downgrade it either.
Also, this from Friday (last week) is extensive on Bank of Japan Governor's Kuroda's current throughs on the economy, policy etc:
The summary post of this is huge, worth a read.