Lets get the Federal Reserve speaker out of the way first, apparently it's a speech on the payment system so that sounds unlikely to give much clue on an economic outlook nor monetary policy
- There will, however, be a Q&A following and then a media Q&A also.
- Patrick Harker (President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia) speaks in San Diego (long way from home for Mr. H)
- Begins at 2130GMT
2230GMT - Australia - Construction PMI for January
- Australian Industry Group Performance of Construction Index. prior 47.0
Earlier this month we've had:
- Australian Industry Group Performance of Manufacturing Index
- Australia - Services PMI (January): 54.5 (prior 57.7)
2350GMT - Japan Official Reserve Assets for January. Bigly.
0001GMT - UK - BRC Sales Like for like (January)
- expected +0.9% y/y, prior +1%
0200GMT - New Zealand (back after holiday Monday) - 2 year inflation expectations for Q1, prior 1.68%
0330GMT - Australia - Reserve Bank of Australia announcement
Did someone say 'where are the previews?'
- The levels in play for the RBA
- Update to Reuters RBA poll (still unanimous expect on hold Tuesday, now even more)
- Preview of the RBA meeting on February 7 (part 5!)
- Goldman Sachs - Reserve Bank of Australia preview
- Currency preview into the RBA & RBNZ this week: "AUD/NZD could head lower"
- Reserve Bank of Australia meeting on February 7 - preview
0500GMT - Japan leading and coincident indexes for December (preliminary)
- expected 105.5 and 115.1 respectively
- prior 102.8 & 115, respectively