- The BOJ kept its key interest rate unchanged at 0.0/0.1%
- Warned again of the dangers from EZ debt crisis
- Germany and France in disagreement over EFSF bond-buying program; press reports
- US Senate delays China currency bill until next week
- Regional stocks +3% on average
- Gold $1665/oz
Another very quiet session with nobody showing any interest ahead of tonights NFP release.
EUR/USD closed in NY at 1.3430, fell briefly towards 1.3400 after German press reports of further disagreements re EFSF, but it has since crawled back to its opening level. Offers reported 1.3465 with stops above 1.3475. Initial technical support now at 1.3390.
USD/JPY has again done nothing in verty tight ranges. The BOJ did as expected and the market is warning of large stops building now below 75.75 and 75.50. Range: 76.58/76
Both the AUD and the NZD have maintained their recoveries with higher equity markets encouraging further short-covering. AUD/USD .9723/95
Cable 1.5421/71, USD/CHF .9182/.9219