Forex trading headlines from the European morning session 6 February
- German factory orders Dec m/m -0.5% vs +0.4% exp
- UK Halifax HPI Jan m/m +1.1% vs +1.0% exp
- Swiss trade balance Dec CHF +503 mln vs +965 mln exp
- Cyprus CPI Jan -2.9% vs -2.3% prev
- Romanian central bank governor says leu moves are not a concern
- Russian Jan capital outflows USD 17 bln
- Fitch surprised at severity of EM turmoil
- Swiss consumer confidence Q1 +2 vs +1 prev
- BOJ’s Iwata says he’s not too worried about US economy
- Nikkei closes down 0.18% at 14,155.12
Not a lot to report as markets shuffle around like old men in their favourite slippers ahead of today’s announcements.
GBPUSD opened up at 1.6312 but drifted lower to 1.6290 and only now as I type facing further losses to 1.6277 while EURGBP has been edging up all morning from 0.8292 to 0.8308 currently.
EURUSD has once again been pinned to the floor with little resistance and has spent most of the session around 1.3520 while USDJPY had an early wobble to 101.33 as the Nikkei closed lower but then drifted back up to 101.50.
AUDUSD, NZDUSD and USD CAD have all been in narrow ranges and equity markets have been in better mood but the main events loom large, and that’s all that really matters right now.