Forex news for the European morning trading session 2 Nov 2017
- BOE's Broadbent says there will be some pain from rate hike
- Here they are - all the NFP previews in one place!
- Some quickie comments on what to expect from the nonfarm payroll report
- Germany's Merkel says she sees difficult coalition talks ahead
- UK services PMI, another case of the devil being in the detail
- ECB's Angeloni sees a definite improvement in Italian banks
- Forex option contract expiries for today 3 Nov
- China October Caixin Services PMI - recap
- Chatter about on North Korea preparing additional nuclear and missile tests
- Latest poll sees 47 of 48 economists expecting RBA to hold rates at November meeting
- Trading ideas for the European session
- ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: AUD drops - another retail sales data miss
- UK Markit/CIPS Oct services PMI 55.6 vs 53.3 exp
- Spain October jobless mm +1.67%
- Russia Oct services PMI 53.9 vs 55.2% prev
- India Markit Oct services PMI 51.7 vs 50.7 prev
A steady session understandably with markets not relishing a fight to second guess the Non Farm Payrolls report at 12.30 GMT
A case of general USD demand initially that saw USDJPY back up through 114.00 and GBPUSD down to 1.3038 and EURUSD 1.1638 but we've since seen a delayed upbeat to GBP after mixed services PMI ( strong headline, soft detail) that has seen 1.3096 and 0.8892 so far.
AUDUSD, NZDUSD and USDCAD all trading tightly as is USDCHF and EURCHF
Large option contracts also in play again today.
A raft of data at 12.30 inc US NFPs in catching the eye and poised to liven things up.