Forexlive Americas FX news wrap: Dollar mixed, stocks unchanged, bonds unchanged
Froex news for trading on Juen 11, 2019.
- Call it a tie in the US stock market today
- Everything works toward unchanged on the day
- Crude oil futures settle at $53.27.
- Global Times editor: Chinese have no trust in mild signals from US side
- Kudlow: We'd like to go back to where we were a month ago on China trade talks
- US treasury sales three-year note at 1.861%
- Pres. Trump: We will not do a deal with China unless it is a great deal
- Bank of France trims 2019 growth to 1.3% from 1.4% previously
- European shares hold on to gains (with exception of Spain)
- EU Juncker: Italy runs risk of being stuck in excessive deficit for years. Assumes UK will leave EU. Has good relationship with Trump
- Nat. Sec. Adviser Bolton: US is ready when No. Korea is for another Trump/Kim summit
- Pres. Trump says Mexico has a secret
- US final demand PPI for May 0.1% vs 0.1% est.. YoY 1.8% versus 2.0% est.
- Pres. Trump getting on the Fed's case (again) in early tweet
- The GBP is the strongest and the NZD is the weakest as NA trader enter for the day
It was one of those days were the markets are ending mixed, near unchanged, with little in the way of market moving news.
Taking a look at the markets:
- Spot gold is down -$1 at $1326.80
- WTI crude oil is up $0.08 at $53.34
- The S&P closed down -1 point or -0.04%
- The Nasdaq closed -0.603 points or -0.01%
- The Dow closed down -14.17 points or -0.05%
- The 5 year yield is down -0.5 bps
- The 10 year yield is down -0.6 bps
In the forex market, the GBP is ending as the strongest of the major currencies. The gains came on the back of a stronger than expected employment report in the UK. The NZD is ending the session as the weakest. They were the strongest and weakest at the start of the NY session. For the USD, the greenback was mixed with gains vs the NZD, CHF, CAD, and JPY, and losses vs the GBP and EUR. The AUD was unchanged on the day.
The AUDUSD traded sideways for the day but below its 200 hour MA at 0.69637 level We currently trade at 0.6960. The 100 hour MA will be the barometer for the bulls and bears in the new trading day. Stay below and biase is tilted to the downside. Move above and bias shifts to the upside.