France August industrial production +0.3% vs +0.1% m/m expected
Latest data released by INSEE - 10 October 2018
- Prior +0.7%; revised to +0.8%
- Industrial production +1.6% vs +1.5% y/y expected
- Prior +1.8%; revised to +1.9%
- Manufacturing production +0.6% vs +0.1% m/m expected
- Prior +0.5%
- Manufacturing production +1.9% vs +1.7% y/y expected
- Prior +1.9%; revised to +2.0%
A stronger set of readings as well as positive revisions there for French factory activity. Not a major release but at least it shows that factory output isn't on any form of major decline here relative to the slowdown seen in Germany. This will at least help with the mood for euro buyers today.
EUR/USD still holds steadily around 1.1500 (watch out for large expiries here) while EUR/GBP is at 0.8735, a little lower on the day.