France December industrial production +0.8% vs +0.6% m/m expected
Latest data released by INSEE - 8 February 2019
- Prior -1.3%; revised to -1.5%
- Industrial production -1.4% vs -1.4% y/y expected
- Prior -2.1%; revised to -2.2%
- Manufacturing production +1.0% vs +1.1% m/m expected
- Prior -1.4%; revised to -1.5%
- Manufacturing production -1.0% vs -1.2% y/y expected
- Prior -2.2%; revised to -2.3%
Factory activity bounced in December after it was disrupted in the previous month from the yellow vest protests. Nonetheless, there isn't much to cheer about in the report here as there are a couple of negative revisions to November data and also the fact that factory activity is showing a decline compared to the same period a year ago.
EUR/USD is now trading at 1.1335, still in a narrow range on the day (just 10 pips). EUR/GBP is moving a little higher as the pound slips a little in early trades here, with the pair now up to 0.8761.