German economy ministry says that economic upswing will continue
Comments by the German economic ministry in its monthly report
- The upswing has lost some pace, but it will continue
- German companies are being cautious given increased risks from abroad
- US foreign, trade policies and Italy has increased uncertainty and risks for growth
- Trade dispute with US remains considerable risk for global economy
- Household spending remains robust, retail sentiment positive
Domestic conditions remain solid no doubt, the issue with the German economy to start the year has been trade. And with further disputes with the US and potential hit towards the autos market to come, the outlook isn't looking all too bright.