Role of host is to find compromise
As G20 summit gets closer in Hamburg, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is outlining her broad thoughts:
- I will represent Germany and European interests
- Role of the host is to find compromise
- She is not all that worried about Trump's visit to Poland
- Does not see her role as mediator between Trump and Putin; we have clear positions on issues like Ukraine
- On climate change there are various optoins for a solution
- Knows US wants to leave Paris accord but many others remain committed.