Germany's Schaeuble says Greek debt relief not necessary for now
German fin min just out on Bloomberg speaking from a meeting in Amsterdam
- agreement on Greece package "appears possible"
- 3.5% primary surplus "appears possible"
- Greece already has low rates and long maturities
- ESM lending to Greece must be in line with ESM rules
On sovereign debt limits:
- risk reduction must come before risk sharing
- backs the Dutch push on sovereign debt exposures
From the same meeting Italian fin min Padoan says:
- majority of EU countries oppose sovereign debt limits
- limits may increase not limit risk
- EU budget framework is too complex, not flexible enough
- debate must continue in Basel committee
- Italy favours no change on sovereign debt rules
Where's that pic I've been using a bit lately ? Ah, here it is.
Have a good week-end everyone and thanks for your support as always.