I posted the headlines earlier this week:
Proposals have been leaking out, but we get official government comments (the Office for Government Policy Coordination) today some time.
Leaks of potential measures include:
- Levying capital-gain taxes on trading cryptocurrencies
- Restricting financial firms from holding, acquiring and investing in cryptos
- Limiting or preventing unaccredited investors from trading or investing in cryptocurrencies.
- Limit or prevent regulated cryptocurrency exchanges from operating as speculative platforms said unaccredited traders/investors
- Prevent underaged investors and foreigners from opening trading accounts on cryptocurrency exchanges