If you were/are celebrating July 4 I hope it was a good one!
For July 5 here, a light session coming up for data. But it'll all be made up for by the NFP Friday morning US time.
NFP? Yep, incoming! A few previews:
- US nonfarm payroll due Friday - preview
- Goldman Sachs preview of the US nonfarm payroll report due Friday
- US June non-farm payrolls preview - TD Securities
OK, back to the Asian session for Friday:
2230 GMT the last of the Australian PMIs for June
- Australian Industry Group Performance of Construction Index
- prior 40.4 (ugh ... yep the housing downturn taking a toll)
2330 GMT Japan Household Spending for May
- expected 1.5% y/y, prior 1.3%
2350 GMT Japan - official reserve assets for June
Neither of those are likely to move the yen to a great extent upon release.
0110 GMT Bank of Japan Japanese Government Bond purchasing operation (5 to 10 years remaining until maturity)
Later, scheduled at 0500 GMT and Japan again, leading and coincident indexes for May, preliminary.